Thursday, April 10, 2008

She sells sea shells down by the... whatever... we love the beach too!



Many years ago when we just had one little girl (Teri Le) we lived in the San Fernando Valley and after work we would sometimes drive down to the beach to eat dinner on a blanket and watch the waves. I loved walking along the beach with my little girl because she would cling to me for protection whenever the waves came and it made me feel so much like a Dad to protect her. That's a great feeling. Diane took a picture of us as I knelt down to hold TL as a wave came up and it was always a touching picture for me. I'm sure the kids remember the photo as I made an enlargement of it and wrote this poem to go with it:

You and I across oceans of waves,
Will pass through this world in time.
But forever we will hold love tight,
Warm and close, little girl of mine.

So when I was reading Tyler's blog about how he loves being a Dad and showing his little man how to do "guy things" like skipping stones on the ocean, it took me back to when I was a young dad and felt so close to my kids. And out came this poem to go with his picture: http://jorgstyle.blogspot.com/2008/04/skipping-stones-20.html

The ocean crashes to the shore,
And comes to us with a mighty roar.
And stones can threaten in our path,
To trip our progress with their wrath.
But you can pass this test of life,
And turn to fun the daunting strife.
So pick a stone and toss it free,
To skip across the raging sea.
And laugh out loud as it leaves your hand,
I’ll show you how, my little man!

I told Diane that I am getting to be an old man. I get choked up all the time when reading about families and kids. And especially when reading my kid's blogs. You are all having so much fun and I miss you all so much (I want to play in the fountain too!) I am so proud that you all have a wonderful companion and awesome kids. I love you all!

Now come to my house to play.

Grandpa J

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Love the poem and love those 2 cute boys.

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Thank Pops! That was awesome.

http://jorgstyle.blogspot.com/2008/04/skipping-stones-20.html"

Teri Le said...

Awwww, I LOVE that poem. Mine, and the new one. I was just thinking of that picture the other day, because I think I had left it downstairs w/ all my other ones. I want it back! :D

You're getting sappy and sentimental pops. Love ya, and see you soon.

QnA Drapers said...

We need to live closer to a beach! Today we took a sunday walk around park of wilderness park along a river and the kids had fun throwing sticks into the water. Im glad we have fun memories of doing things together as a fam- and hope my kids will have the same. (on the way home they said they want to go back there with grandma and grandpa). We love you!