Monday, October 20, 2008

I have a stove and oven

Last weekend, Jerry and I worked the stove up the stairs and had it all ready to go in..yikes! The granite was 3/8" too wide in a couple of places! Talk about frustrated! Jerry measured and measured to get it exact, but the granite-guy didn't quite cut square. So we had to call him back out, and he fixed it on Thursday so Jerry brought home the hook-up stuff; wrong size! He called me on my way home to see where I was to send me to the Hardware store, I was already in Phelan, and too late for Anderson's to be open. So he left Wrightwood, drove to Victorville, (at 8 PM) and got the right stuff! What a guy! Yep, he got it done, and Friday night, (our usual out-to-dinner night) I cooked a meal! It looks great, it works great too. Sunday I did the whole roast, baked potatoes, and fresh vegetables meal. It is really nice to have 2 ovens.



This week the cabinet doors go up...they are all done and painted, then the kitchen will be complete!

Now a HUGE shout-out to my sweetheart who is an amazing man. He works so hard to make our home a more beautiful and comfortable place. Then he even brings a great spirit into it when he strums the guitar and sings. I took this shot Sunday as he sat playing hymns and quietly singing. I am the luckiest girl in the whole USA!!

9 comments:

Lacey said...

Sister J your kitchen looks awesome! Congrats! Well done Brother J!

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

It looks amazing! You are a very lucky woman! Good job, Jerry! Very impressive! Miss you both!

Tyler Jorgenson said...

I don't get to hear Dad play guitar enough.

Wilcox Crew said...

Love your counter tops. The kitchen looks great.

Teri Le said...

Lookin' good! Can't wait to see it in person in a couple months!

QnA Drapers said...

It is looking great! Now come take a break here for a bit!

kitchenditcher said...

Wow, this looks amazing. Jerry really is a talented guy and married an amazing woman! Glad we are friends with both of you!

The Walker Family said...

Sister J, It is so good to hear from you and you look amazing. I love the kitchen...way to go brother J. P.S. No family members in CA but, it's sure a small world. I don't know when we would've caught up if it wasn't for blogging. Keep in touch.

daveney7 said...

Hey Diane, I think because it was during the pagent. that there were extra things going on. we saw all the shows and they have little ones throughout the day. I went to the temple every day because the temple is so far from where we live. I found where some of my family had plots and found out where and then read stories about different things that they did. We went to Carthage and and went through all the houses and shops and listened to all the stories talked with families from all over that came to perform. plus we had all our family together for a reunion so we had spent time with them too! just a lot of hidden treasures if you do all the things available. Call me if you have any questions. 913 904 4139