Monday, February 9, 2009

Today is a special day!

10 years ago today our lives were changed forever. Makayla was born. Quinn & Amy were living in Pocatello Idaho then, and when we got the call, saying it was time for the baby, we got in the car and drove like crazy to get to the hospital. As we arrived the snow began falling, Amy was getting near to delivery. We waited out in the hall and I paced back and forth from the doorway to the nurse's station where a moniter showed Amy's activity! That was so hard!! My little girl was working so hard to bring a baby into this world.
As it got close, Jerry & I stood outside the door, and heard Makayla's first cries. They were mixed with mine and Amy's but they were beautiful!
10 years later, as I think back on all the joy this little girl has brought into our life and the additional grandbabies we have had since, I realize that February 9, 1999 truly was a day that changed our lives for the better!
Here are some random pictures of our little angel..certainly in no specific order.
This was in Nebraska, when unknowlingly Makayla and I dressed in coordinating outfits for church.
When we visited, I got to hear Makayla practice her recital song. She is so talented!

Makayla lost a tooth on a visit to our house.


She and Grandpa can be so silly!



I love this picture of Makayla when she was so little. Her happy personality is already shining through.




She frosted cookies here one day...what fun!





This is a four-generation picture taken at Tyler & Tanya's reception. I am so blessed.
Makayla, you are a great joy in the life of your Grandpa and Grandma J. We are so proud of all the good things you do. We know Heavenly Father knew your spirit and sent you to be the first child in your family as well as our first grandchild...you are a great example to those who have and will come after you.
Have a wonderful birthday Makayla Marie...we wish we were with you.





3 comments:

Scott and Mandi said...

What a pretty little girl! I still want to meet Amy. I miss you!
Mandi

QnA Drapers said...

Lance claps just like I did. I didn't know I was so cute. I love you Grandma and Grandpa J. love- Makayla

KaraLyn said...

Diane,
Your description of Makayla's made me cry. Isn't such a blessing to be a Grandma and to watch your children being wonderful parents.