Monday, September 8, 2008

Where did the summer go?

It is now September, the summer is gone. Another fun-filled summer is over. I have a theory that when the 'ber' months arrive, the year is pretty much done! Septem'ber' is busy with the beginning of school, Octo'ber' has birthdays and Halloween, Novem'ber' has Thanksgiving, (more birthdays) and Decem'ber' has (birthdays again,) and Christmas...all so busy, and they can pass in just a blur. So I thought I'd post a few of our Summer happenings, just for a reflection, maybe you'll enjoy it too.We went to Capitola and Jerry & I had our 1st experience staying in the Packard Beach House. What fun that was. We were sorry Teri Le and her family couldn't make it, but enjoyed our time with Tyler and his family. During our trip to Hawaii this summer, for the 1st time, we went to the Hawaiian Temple Visitor's Center. It is really beautiful! So peaceful, and the Sister missionaries there wear Hawaiian Dresses.
I met up for breakfast in Carlsbad with good old friends. Linda Bowman, Marilynn Scheller, Diane Smith and I all worked at Westwood Elementary in the 80s and 90s. We have remained friends, though we are now scattered all over the place. e had a fun GNO group with 4 other co-workers. We went fun places and celebrated birthdays, weddings and events for several years in San Diego.
Jerry did a whole lot of remodeling of my kitchen. No, it isn't quite done, but we are at the point where the 2 big things left will be subbed-out: Counter tops and flooring! The carpet will go in within the next few weeks too! I can hardly wait. Here is my new micro-hood.
We spent a fun day in Newport with Tyler, Tanya, Taylor, Ashlynn and Andy. This is one of my favorite pics from the day..my cute dimpled guys!!


4 comments:

Leora said...

Hey Sis J! It's Leora.

Looks like you had such a fun summer. Hawaai!?! You are a lucky lady. It will be so fun to keep in touch this way!

Pop J said...

Hey, What happened to the Vette?!?

Unknown said...

Hawaii truly is a beautiful place. I'm headed there in a couple of weeks. I'll have to get out my Hawaiian shirt one last time before Fall.

QnA Drapers said...

Allie said- 'wheres grandmas yellow car?" But I like the look of the new blog! It looks great! I want more pics of the kitchen. It looks like its turning out great. I wish we were in some of those summer pic- where does the time go?!