Saturday, March 1, 2008

Let the Remodel Begin






It all began with Tyler & Tanya deciding not to use the carpet that was in their new house. We asked if we could have it, they said yes, so the prep began to get the downstairs ready.
We spent a fun morning at Lowe's where we picked our doors, trim and paint. Jerry was itching to get started. The office door went first, and was quickly replaced with a new door, then the bedroom followed. In less than 4 hours, 2 new doors were in place, then they were trimmed and caulked. It was 10 PM and Jerry said "If I paint these, I can put the hardware on...." I rolled my eyes, got ready for bed, and he kept right on working.

Today the next 2 doors went in. Now, remember that this house was built in 1933, and 'code' was not heard of, so the last two doors had to be customized. Note the cut to the bathroom wall to widen the doorway. Now tile has to be replaced too.

I love that my man can do anything he sets his mind to, but especially I love how he always cleans up as he goes along. Keep an eye here...we have LOTS more to follow.


4 comments:

Tanya said...

I am excited for you. It is going to look like a whole new house. Can't wait to see it!

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Cool deal, I love those doors.

Trisha said...

Fun Fun :)

QnA Drapers said...

Those white doors look great- Im glad that handy man will be at our house in April. We have all sorts of things on our list that can keep him busy!