Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ouch!

It was such a beautiful day today so I asked my Mom if she wanted to go for a ride. She hadn't been out of the house since before the holidays. She agreed, so we took off. I headed West, past the Ski Resort, past the Lake and down into the Desert, deciding to go to Littlerock and get the best Chocolate malt ever at Charlie Browns. Across the street from Charlie Browns is a Burger King, and I was starving, and wanted quick..so I put on the blinker, stopped and WHAM! we were rear-ended.
OHMIGOSH! My Mom says "What was that sound?" I said we were just hit from the back. Thank heaven's jerry wants me to drive a sturdy car, 'cuz I looked OK, but the mini van was pouring out radiator fluid and was crunched.
We looked, and I told the guy I was going to pull off the street, and if he was driveable, he had better too. So we did, I called the CHP, we exchanged info, made a report, and in maybe and hour plus...we were on the road and he was being towed.
My Mom said she just wanted to go home, she had lost her appetite. Though afer sitting in front of Charlie Brows all that time, she decided she wanted some Texas bar b Que and a Date Shake!!

2 comments:

QnA Drapers said...

I am so glad you guys are OK!! That does not sound fun-

Teri Le said...

Yes, there is a BIG benefit to having a nice, sturdy car. I'm glad you guys are ok!!