Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring Break on the Central Coast

For my Spring Break Jerry planed a work-trip towards the Central Coast. We left Wednesday and came home on Saturday. The weather was beautiful, and the scenery was spectacular. It was amazingly relaxing, but I love the ocean, it alwys calms me. The rock is in Morro Bay, a really cute town, with cute shops, and a delicious restaurant! (Amy, I had delicious Clam Chowder in a bread bowl!)

The mountains of the Central Coast were all green since it is Spring, we saw lots of Californial Poppies, but never stopped to take pictures.

4 sea lions, basking in the warmth of a lower deck. There were 3 more in the water. I have never been this close, and the signs posted said they'd bite, so I didn't get any closer!


We went to Hearst Castle. What a home! All I could think when I saw this beautiful pool, is what fun my grandkids would have in there!!




Pismo Beach! Maybe someday we'll some back and rent ATVs and ride in the surf, it really does look fun!































2 comments:

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Looks like a really fun trip!

QnA Drapers said...

We went out a few weeks ago to a pizza place, and Makayla noticed they had soup in a bread bowl. So we bought her clam chowder. While she was eating it Dad said, "Makayla, I didn't know you liked clams so much!" Makayla said, "Clams, like from the ocean?" Then she wasn't sure she wanted to keep eating! But she did and even let me share with her!